Travel Center Hosts Agreement
Member Agreement / Terms & Conditions
As a CLIA appointed host agency, Travel Center Hosts, LLC (Travel Hosts) has established booking capabilities for MAST member agencies.
Travel Hosts will aggregate the bookings of participating member agencies in order to build sales volume with MAST preferred suppliers with the objective of obtaining commission percentages that ordinarily cannot be reached by a single member location.
Note: “Participating agency” in the Travel Hosts’ Member Agreement/Terms and Conditions refers to the MAST member agency and all it’s employees, independent contractors and travel advisors.
- Participating agency must be in good standing as a member of MAST and sign this agreement as a participant of this program.
- Participating agency will be considered an Independent Contractor of Travel Hosts. Employees and Independent contractors of participating agency are not employees, agents or independent contractors of Travel Center Hosts. All booking agents are registered to the cruise lines as home-based agents when registration requires this information..
- Participating agencywill be allowed to book preferred suppliers offered using Travel Hosts’ CLIA number and phone number. If a non-preferred supplier is offered through Travel Hosts, agencies may choose to book through Travel Hosts credentials as well.
- This agreement shall automatically renew each calendar year. (Occasionally, Travel Hosts may request an updated agreement to be submitted.)
- This agreement may be terminated without cause by either party through a written request on agency letterhead. Should participating agency terminate its membership with MAST, the agency is no longer allowed use of Travel Hosts’ CLIA number except for bookings already made under Travel Hosts. Existing bookings under Travel Hosts may not be transferred and must remain under Travel Hosts until travel is completed unless a different agreement has been made between parties.
- Bookings may be made throughsupplier links on Travel Hosts’ web page by logging into the MAST website at www.mvptravel.comor by going directly to the supplier booking engine. All participating suppliers may bebooked through Sabre Cruises, Polar Online, Disney Travel Agent, NCL’s booking engineand applicable tour operator’s booking engines with a login created withTravel Hosts’ credentials. Agents may also call in reservations to the cruise line’s reservation phone number. All cruise reservations are accessible through Sabre Cruises regardless of how they are booked with the exception of cruise lines not participating with Sabre Cruises.
- Participating agency is fully responsible for the accuracy of booked reservations, customer communications and service, validity of rates, collecting payments from customers, making payments to suppliers according to their policies and procedures, and checking accuracy of all confirmations, invoices, tickets, and documents. Travel Hosts and MAST are not responsible for errors committed by the supplier, employees, agents and independent contractors of participating agency and cannot act with clients or suppliers on behalf of the booking agency in any way.
- Preferred form of payment is bythe participating agency’s client’s credit card.
- Participating agency is responsible for selling travel insurance to its clients or if insurance is refused, to obtain documentation of insurance refusal.
- Reservations are to be made using the instructions provided in the Instructional Guide for each supplier. This will help to identify the correct booking agency.
- Booking agent is required to report reservations byemailing a copy of the agent confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Booking agent should instruct suppliers to mail any physical documents and communication regarding their bookings to their agency office. Should Travel Hosts receive updates, mail, or documents related to any booking made by a participating agency, said items will be promptly forwarded to the booking agency by fax, e-mail or mail, as appropriate. Cost of mailing documents may be charged back to the booking agency at the discretion of Travel Hosts.
- Client gifts are at the sole discretion of the participating agency and Travel Hosts will not share in the cost.
- Participating agency will not offer monetary discounts through commission rebating booked through Travel Hosts.(with the exception of competitor matching in the Best Price Program)
- Adjustments to cost of reservations by discounting is not allowed through Travel Hosts. If a booking requires special circumstances, it must be discussed with Travel Hosts’ manager prior to making adjustments to cost, commission, etc.
- All reservations are tracked in ClientBase/TRAMS by agency name and are reported to supplier reps upon request.
- Commission checks will be processed and mailed to agencies after the end of each month, and will cover commissions received by Travel Hosts through the end of the month.
- It is the responsibility of participating agency to distribute commissions paid to the agents of the participating agency according to their agreements and business practices. Travel Hosts is not responsible for paying individual agent commissions for participating agency.
- Recalled commissions will be added to monthly commission checks in the month they are recalled. If an agency does not have any commissions in a given month, Travel Hosts will invoice the agency through the MAST accounting office. Payment is due according to the terms on the invoice.
- Commissions on bookings which have remained with Travel Hosts after the termination of this agreement shall be paid within the month received. Any claims to commissions due must be made known to Travel Hosts within 30 days of termination notice.
- Participating agency is responsible for applying for and maintaining any business license required by any governmental bodies or trade entities.
- Participating agency agrees to abide by all state, federal, IRS, IATA, TRUE and/or CLIA regulations and requirements.
- Participating agency is responsible for payment of applicable personal income and/or business taxes.
- Participating agency indemnifies Travel Hosts for any liabilities arising from actions taken by member agency in the course of its separate business.
- Participating agency is responsible for obtaining signatures from clients on waiver and disclaimer forms both from the agency and suppliers if applicable.
- Participating agency is responsible for procuring and maintaining a liability insurance policy and errors and omissions coverage.
- All terms and conditions as stated, written or oral, by travel suppliers, including all policies and procedures must be adhered to by a participating member. Failure to do so by the participating member is not the responsibility of Travel Hosts. Continued disregard for following acceptable business practices and procedures is grounds for being barred from participating in the host agency program with Travel Hosts.
- Additional suppliers (preferred and non-preferred) may be added during the course of this contract. All terms and conditions stated within this agreement will apply to new suppliers entered into the Travel Hosts program.
- Travel Hosts shall not be liable for expenses incurred by participating agency.
- Travel Hosts will pay according to the commission chart listed on page 3. Travel Hosts will keep 1% of the commission from Princess, Cunard, Seabourn and Disney Cruises, Regent Seven Seas and Tauck, 2% for Holland America Cruise Line and Norwegian Cruise Line to cover administrative expenses. Travel Hosts will begin to keep 1% for Viking River and Ocean Cruises when Travel Hosts reaches a commission higher than the base commission listed in the MAST Supplier Commission and Reference Guide.. Any component such as insurance, transfers, pre/post nights, etc. which is paid at a set percentage which cannot change based on sales will be paid at the rate paid by the cruise line. Commissions will be paid monthly. Back end commissions earned by MAST will be shared according to MAST’s normal standards for all suppliers.
- Participating agency may choose to sell all or some of the available cruise suppliers based on whether their commission levels are below or above the commission levels offered through this program.
- Current suppliers are Disney Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America, Seabourn, Princess, Regent Seven Seas, Viking River, Viking Ocean and Tauck (tour operator). Additional preferred and non-preferred suppliers may be added in the future. Participating agency will be notified when additional suppliers are available to sell through Travel Hosts.
- Booking platforms are Sabre Cruises and supplier booking engines. Phone reservations may be made with the applicable cruise line. Travel Hosts’ CLIA number and phone number must be used by participating agency. Follow Travel Hosts procedures as indicated in the Travel Hosts’ Instructional Guide.
- Group policies vary by supplier and a minimum number of double occupancy cabins will be required by a single agency to earn a TC credit. If minimums are not met by a single agency, TC credits for group cruise bookings shall remain the property of Travel Hosts and are not split between agencies.
NOTE: Air and hotel are not booked under Travel Hosts but fall within Travel Hosts for support services.
- Commissions are paid based on supplier information provided at time of booking. Travel Hosts is not responsible for incorrect information displayed on supplier websites. Some travel products may not be commissionable. Fees may be added according to supplier provisions provided on booking engines.
- Form of payment for travel products are to be made according to supplier terms. Credit card processing fees may be passed on to client or booking agency per supplier agreement.
- Excessive queries and churning with air providers is strictly prohibited. Any costs, including debit memos associated with this practice shall be paid by the participating agency. Suppliers may impose transaction charges for excessive “Look to Book” ratios.
- Member agencies are responsible for all activity which takes place on your account with air suppliers. This specifically includes, but is not limited to, liability for non-payment, chargebacks, fraud and any other claims arising from usage of a member agency account.
- Debit memos are the sole responsibility of the booking agent. All research, disputes and payments are to be handled by the booking agent.
The participating suppliers and commission rate a participating agency receives is based on supplier agreements, sales, number of passengers, etc. and are subject to change.
Travel Hosts Suppliers:
Commissions are based on commissionable cruise portion for cruise lines and tour portion for tour operators. The % rate listed is what is paid to Participating Agency. (As of 2021 travel)
Register and Book Under Your Agency
Cunard 14% commission Princess 14% commission Centrav – Commissions are sent to your agency.
Use the MAST affiliated link below. http://www.centrav.com/affiliates/mast.php
Holland America 14% commission Seabourn
Norwegian Cruise Line 14% commission Disney Cruise Line 13% Commission –Transferred reservations earn 10%. NOTE: Disney tends to fluctuate every year between 12% to 13%. Do not book Disney Cruise if your agency is EARMARKED Regent Seven Seas 13% Classic Vacations 12% Commission – Note: Some commission rates may be less depending on components of the package. Villas/Home Rentals may be less. Tauck 14% Commission Viking Ocean Cruises 14% Commission Viking River Cruises 16% Commission
NOTE: Duplicate email addresses are not allowed through Polar.
Please provide email addresses for your agents that are NOT currently being used for Polar Online with your agency. Please fill out the OneSource/Polar Agent List and send it to email@example.com to be provided with individual logins for agents. Agents will be able to transfer their Princess member number to the new account. Instructions will be provided upon completion of their Travel Hosts login.
REGISTRATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS:
By completing the information below and signing in the space provided, you are accepting the terms of the Travel Hosts’ Member Agreement/Terms & Conditions.Please complete and sign the form below.
MAST - Travel Center Hosts Agreement
REGARDING AIR SUPPLIERS: